New Pool cover - Use Old Cover As Template

off2theocean

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 17, 2014
North Carolina
Hey All,

I am in the market to purchase a new cover. I currently have a mesh safety cover that has straps and bolts that hold it in place. I am not sure who manufactured the cover. It is so old that tag that has the serial number has completely faded although it does have "Century" printed around the outer edge of the cover.

I have been looking online and it seems that the best solution would be to use a company that will make a template from my old cover. This would save drilling new holes and installing new anchors all around the pool. Also, my pool is an unusual freeform shape so it would be hard to measure.

Has anyone had experience sending in an old cover? What company did you use? Pros or cons?

Thanks!

that sounds like a wonderful and easy way of doing it, But I do not know anyone who has done that... you best bet would be to call some companies and ask them if they will do that.. There may be someone along that has done this :)

I purchased a house with an existing cover. I was lucky and received a post card address to the old owners with the pattern # and asking if it was time to replace the cover.

You could try contacting the manufacturer and see if they could look up the address to see if they have the pattern on file. Get a quote from them and then compare to other companies.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.