To SLAM or not to SLAM?

Raise your CYA up to 50ppm and your FC loss will be less. The sun is starting to get intense.

I just bumped my CYA up from 40 to 80ppm for my SWG ... with no change to the SWG output, my FC is a good bit higher than it was. In fact, I meant to turn down the output over the weekend.

Don't know, I run a SWG which is constantly adding FC.

It is fairly typical to have to add 2-4ppm of FC daily.
It is a little counter-intuitive, since when you raise the CYA level, you need to maintain a higher FC level, but in fact you lose less ppm daily.
You kind kind of think of the CYA as protecting a % of the FC. The higher the CYA, the higher % of FC protected. The danger with going too high though is that if a problem develops, extremely high FC are required.

Need some advice after a major screwup. I have stenner auto chlorinator. My power went out & even though the pump says it has batter backup it failed to kick in. So I had to reset my time & timer. I set it to start at 10pm & accidentally set the end time for 1115am & didn't realize it until day 2. The stenner dumped 12 gallons of chlorine into my pool over that period of time. My chlorine ppm is 26. With a cya of 40, what do u recommend? Let it come down by itself? Should I be worried about anything? What's the safe level I can swim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The sun will burn it off quickly. If your pool gets full sun I bet you're under 20 FC by dusk tonight. Heck - 12 gallons for a pool your size should be upwards of 80 ppm FC. So you've likely already burned off the majority of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.