Temp sensor on a Baja 1042 spa

Mar 27, 2016
Chapel Hill, NC
Hi, I've got a Baja 1042 spa that's showing some signs of a bad temperature probe: overshooting the set point by 8-10 degrees during heating/filtering, and randomly showing 10-15 degrees over the actual temperature, thus refusing to heat. Sometimes the control panel flashes "131F". Cutting power and turning it back on often solves the problem.

I was thinking about replacing the temperature sensor. I found the sensor and it's easily disconnected, but I am not sure how to choose the right replacement. It is a three-wire device, and looks exactly like this:

Temperature Sensor - HydroQuip 34-0203

But I wouldn't mind some reassurance. The cable on the sensor doesn't seem to have any identifying information about the device, just info about the cable. On the control box, there's a sticker that says "33-0025-R5 PCB, Digital, Ultimate, 240V".

Google isn't helping me much for replacement parts for the Baja 1042; just replacement covers.

Question one: Do these symptoms sound like a bad temperature sensor?
Question two: does that HydroQuip part look like a reasonable replacement?

Thank you! This has been a very helpful forum for both my hot tub and pool!

-Tim

PS: I can upload some photos, but I am not sure if they would be helpful...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.