New Stenner Install

So I got my Stenner pump installed this past weekend. I went with a 85MP2 and 15gal tank. I also got an extra relay for my Aqualink control system. So relay that controls the Stenner only gets power when the main pump is on. I then can use my iAqualink app to turn the Stenner pump on and off. I will set it on a schedule as i get a more accurate daily dosage going into summer.

A few questions for those with Stenner pumps.... Lets say your pool uses 50oz of bleach a day... How would you typically run the Stenner for that dosage? I calculated my pump to about 1.5oz a minute. So run it in the morning for 33min? Or run it maybe 10 min then 10 min again at noon and 10 min in the evening?

Right now as I get the hang of the Stenner and getting my pool CYA up a little more (running around 40 right now) and the Texas sun starting to really shine.... i am taking my FC reading in the morning.... so whatever i need to get back up to about 5 or 6 FC... i calculate the run time and divide by two..... so i run the pump in the morning and again in the evening.

Again... this has only been a couple of days so far.... so just looking to get some input from others and how
they manage their setups.

Here are a few pictures.

IMG_4395_zpsakt2ybpq.jpg

IMG_4392_zpsebjhzps2.jpg

IMG_4393_zpshvoznvhb.jpg

Haven't got to the point of having to make adjustments as I'm just starting out with the Stenner pump. So like last night around 8pm my FC was 3.5. I tested this morning at 7:15am and it was 2.5. So to get it to 5FC the calculator says I need 63oz. So I'm going to run my pump 3 times today for 15 minutes each time... 8:15am, 12pm, 6:45pm. Will test again tonight and see where my FC stands.

Think I will raise CYA to about 50 in the next week or so. Other then that our pool is crystal clear... Hoping it stays that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris,

Yes... I added a relay inside my Aqualink control box.... So I can use the web interface or iPhone app to set a schedule like you would the main pump and cleaner. From the relay it goes to the outlet on the wall, then the Stenner just plugs into that. Inside the Aqualink control box, i have the power coming from the main pump relay.... so the Stenner relay will only have power when the main pump is on.... this is a for sure way the Stenner does not run when the main pump is off. So if I take a reading in the morning and i need to adjust the run time of the Stenner, its pretty easy to do.

Yeah.... it was part of the equipment package with the pool. Makes for an easy place to attach the injector. Pool company gave me a very small bucket of tricolor pucks..... I used them at first to build up some CYA, but they are all gone now... Started TFP basically since day one of the pool. Wanted the Stenner before this summer cause we tend to travel more often during summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Chris,

Yes... I added a relay inside my Aqualink control box.... So I can use the web interface or iPhone app to set a schedule like you would the main pump and cleaner. From the relay it goes to the outlet on the wall, then the Stenner just plugs into that. Inside the Aqualink control box, i have the power coming from the main pump relay.... so the Stenner relay will only have power when the main pump is on.... this is a for sure way the Stenner does not run when the main pump is off. So if I take a reading in the morning and i need to adjust the run time of the Stenner, its pretty easy to do.

That is really cool and I have a pretty much identical set up with the chlorinator. I'll be pinging you with questions in a few months if that's okay. ;)

No clicking noise... I bought a fixed rate pump. The adjustable pumps I have heard make a clicking noise.... But I don't have any experience with one. Thanks for the compliments..... I enjoy it as well.... Had it poured a bit larger for the purpose of adding a Stenner and storage tank...

I run my stenner twice per day - 10am and 2pm, here in Tucson, AZ. This will be the second year I've had my stenner and I couldn't be happier. In the winter, I was dosing it about 18 oz/day. Mid March I increased to 27 oz when my FC began to drop below 7 (CYA 70). At the end of March I again increased to 36 oz and my FC is holding near 8.5 for the last week. I measure in the early morning every 2 to 3 days.

I was thinking of adding this type of set up to my in ground pool w a cartridge filter.

Can you give me an approx cost?
What the main components you needed?

Very nice (and neat) set up!

The pump comes with the injector. The high pressure pumps come with an injector that also acts as a check valve. Either injector will work... It threads right into the inline chlorinator.

I am using the 1/4" tubing. Black tubing for UV protection and grey 15 gallon tank.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.