First for me...Dead mouse!

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
Found a dead mouse in my skimmer this morning, and that's a first for me. I know he wasn't in there at 8pm last night, and I found him about 8am this morning, so less than 12 hours. Do I have anything to worry about as far as it messing with the water?

It makes me so sad when I find a bat in my skimmer. I have fished two live ones out already this spring while having cocktails at night. I love the bats!

Last year I was on vacation, my sister inlaw came over to use the pool and called me to let me know a skunk was dead floating! YUCK. She is an amazing woman, as she got a shovel and her and my niece fished it out and pitched it into the woods (where it stank for 2 months!).

I had her put the salt cell on super chlorinate .. when I got home I checked an had no CC and all looked good. Monitored daily (realistically hourly) for a while and all was well.

Moral of the story, had a mouse before too, lots of frogs, but the skunk I hope was my worst and hope is the last large animal!!

We have a local "small lake" aka large pond that many families venture to over the summer, for that matter any lake really. Been swimming in it for years, so does everyone else, no one has ever got any "deadly critter" diseases :) . Can only imagine how many dead animals, dead fish, leaves etcc.. are in it. I would not be concerned with a mouse or any other animal in your pool. Just make sure you maintain adequate levels and all will be OK!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.