Anyone install zwave or wifi intermatic switch? How do you handle pump scheduling?

nyvram

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2015
Fairview, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I installed the good ol' Intermatic CA3750 zwave switch and I love it!! Finally solved the problem of always flipping the breaker when I need to turn the pump on and off and the zwave/automation is a HUGE plus.

So at the moment I have set it up to run for 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and 2 hours at 11pm.

Because I can have unlimited schedules with the pump now using a smart hub, I don't know what the best way to do this is?

I assume its better to have more pump action during the day (when its more windy) but rather than a single 6-hour block, it seems to make more sense to run it other times as well to keep newly fallen debris out.

Is 6 hours long enough? Should I schedule 3 hours blocks instead of 2 hour blocks & run it for 9 hours?

Any thoughts on my current setup?

TIA!

So, I just bought the Samsung smart things hub and about to set it up, so I can not tell you anything about that other than I also have the Z-wave in my intermatic.. I run my schedule for the SWG so I do not spread the hours out..

If no SWG it sounds like a good plan, if 6 hours is cleaning your pool to your satisfaction I would leave it where it is, if it is not then take it to 3 hours :)

So, I just bought the Samsung smart things hub and about to set it up, so I can not tell you anything about that other than I also have the Z-wave in my intermatic.. I run my schedule for the SWG so I do not spread the hours out..

If no SWG it sounds like a good plan, if 6 hours is cleaning your pool to your satisfaction I would leave it where it is, if it is not then take it to 3 hours :)

check out /homeautomation on reddit for some tips on that.

i went with Wink so all my experiences are going to be flavored by how that hub works but both are good (and bad)

i wrote up my install-experience with the intermatic switch, didn't realize how many ways you could configure it until i had all the wires and couldn't figure out what went where.

i want to adjust my schedules seasonally..running more in the spring with the blooms falling and then if i get into trouble with algae i'll just turn the schedules off completely and run it 24/7.

last year (my first year owning this pool) i ran the dang thing pretty much non-stop from april to early october and that killed my electric bill. this year i hope to be smarter with it..plus it hurt my sould every time i flipped the breaker just to backwash or anything else. I could feel the breaker wearing out. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.