few questions on pucks

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to All,

My CYA is 40, and I want to bring to maybe about 50. Instead of Cyanic crystals, I was going to add a couple of pucks and was seeking folks recommendations on where to get them in the Hou/Katy area w the best value. If I recall, 2ppm CYA acid per puck. Don't need a lot of them, maybe 10-15. Can also use them when we travel for week+. I am using all HEB 8% liq CL and don't plan on going to pucks other than to raise CYA when needed and traveling.

Thank you very much, tstex

Other metrics are:

FC 5-6
TA 70 [this was 40 and added 8lbs of NaHCO3 to get 70
CYA 40
pH 7.5
CH 437.5 [17 to 18 div by 2 x 25 drops]

Here they are cheapest at Wal-Mart. I thought I read here that one puck adds 9ppm? I use them in the spring to add CYA also. (about 1/3 of my pool is fresh filled after winter).
HTH is brand

I have no recommendations for where to find them. But I would advise you to use pool math at the bottom with the effects of adding chemicals section to see how much each 8-ounce Trichlor tablet will add to your pool.

Ok folks, you have me re-thinking my strategy...I sure what to see how my pH and if it holds fairly stable w my new readings after adding NaHCO3...Maybe the crystals are in order anyway...I'll punch in the numbers on the pool math chart and do some "what ifs"...Thank you, tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.