Solar cover half the size of the pool?

Apr 3, 2016
San Diego, CA
Hello all,
We just bought a house with a pool and are VERY new to all of this, but also very excited at the prospect of having a pool. We're interested in getting a solar cover (we're in San Diego so very low humidity and we've already noticed the significant evaporation (and it's only April!)). The previous owner's pool guy stopped by, looking to continue his account, and I asked him about solar covers. He suggested that if we get one that we only get one to cover about half the pool. The pool is 18 X 38 inground and he suggested a 10 X 20 clear cover. He said it's easy to clean around this and easier to work with/ get on and off with the reel. Any input on this? I can't find this addressed in the forums.
Thanks!
Laura

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

The more you cover the better. Retains more heat and reduces more evaporation.

I would highly recommend reading more on TFP and taking control of your pool. You will have better water and spend less money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.