Comparing bids

May 2, 2009
I am building a home in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. We are getting bids to install a combination gunite pool with hot tub, and we are comparing the bids. There are some differences in the equipment that is being offered, and I'm looking for some help to know which is better:

Bid # 1
1.5 Hp Sta-rite filtration pump
Filter Sta-rite cartridge

Bid # 2
1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump
Filter Jandy Cartridge

Based upon the pricing, it appears that the Jandy components may be higher end. Can anyone offer any input?

Thanks,

Chris

Thank you.

The pool is 34' x 17', and spa is 8' diameter. I mentioned 1.5 HP earlier, the contractor has since indicated that it would probably be a 2 HP to accomodate the Spa with a spillway.

The brand of the equipment isn't going to make a big difference. They are both good, though there are some very minor differences.

Try to get a two speed pump. Running a two speed pump on low speed can save a significant amount of electricity. You will want high speed for the spa, but can run on low speed most of the time to save money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.