Chino Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Our new pool has been filled with water less than two months now. We had a few issues with the employee that installed the pool equipment among a few other things. This question is for people that install these types of equipment. I would rather resolve this myself than call this person back if I can avoid it.

1 - When using the easy touch remote I adjust the spa temp to 100 yet it does not go over 95. If I go to the heater direct I can push the temp button and it will raise but will not with the EasyTouch remote. Any ideas what may cause this as the remote shows it is set for 100 yet the display on the heater is only 95.

2 - When raising the temp at the heater today I noticed that the heater said "pool on" when the heater was being heated. I would have imagined that it should have said "spa on" so do we have a wire crossed somewhere or something in the programming wrong. When I push the spa button on the remote it will start heating the spa just not above the factory set 95 degrees. See picture of the display what we see when the heater is on for the spa.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. I am coming here before calling the contractor.

Attachments

• MasterTemp400_1_040316.jpg
    MasterTemp400_1_040316.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 59
Adjust the set temp ON THE HEATER to the maximum set point (104). Now you can control the temp from the Easytouch. Easytouch control uses either Pool OR Spa thermostat on the heater and does not change back and forth.

(I'm assuming that the heater has been correctly connected to the Easytouch via it's control wire.)

Thank you guys for the information. My pool contractor also said the same thing this afternoon. I will give this a shot once I fire the heater over the weekend. I have searched the internet and user/installation manual for both the heater and easytouch and I cannot find this information anywhere.

I don't understand why it shows pool on when heating the spa. If this is the way it is supposed to work then why have a pool on and a spa on button?

When the heater is controlled by the Easytouch, you have to choose one of the buttons on the heater, pool or spa. It doesn't matter what the heater says when you're heating the spa or pool. The Easytouch is controlling the temp and the heater is just firing and heating water. Don't worry about which light is lit on the heater as long as it is heating.

It has a pool and spa button because not everyone has a control system like an Easytouch. Those buttons allow a user to set two different temps and so when they want to heat say the pool, they hit the pool button. They don't have to keep changing the temps for what they are heating. In your case, these buttons are meaningless.

Thanks for jumping into this question. I appreciate everyone's time. I am new at having a pool and will probably have other silly questions at some point.

When the heater is controlled by the Easytouch, you have to choose one of the buttons on the heater, pool or spa. It doesn't matter what the heater says when you're heating the spa or pool. The Easytouch is controlling the temp and the heater is just firing and heating water. Don't worry about which light is lit on the heater as long as it is heating.

It has a pool and spa button because not everyone has a control system like an Easytouch. Those buttons allow a user to set two different temps and so when they want to heat say the pool, they hit the pool button. They don't have to keep changing the temps for what they are heating. In your case, these buttons are meaningless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.