Apr 17, 2008
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Zodiac LM3-24
These units have an unusual feature in that they have a replaceable cartridge that spits out small silver/copper particles allowing the chlorine levels to safely fall to .6ppm (so they claim). Probably the same technology available in several washing machines you may have heard about. I have been running this unit for a year .... certainly have had no problems balancing and opening this year was a breeze.

The cartridge is supposed to be replaced every year ($99) or the chlorine levels need to be bumped up to the 1-3ppm level.

Any one else running this units and decided if the yearly replacement if worth the effort and cost .... i suppose if anyone were really sensitive to chlorine they would be happy to!

KC

REF:
http://www.zodiac.com.au/chlorine-g...s/zodiac-duoclear-pool-sanitation-system.aspx

Attachments

• zodiac_gen_duo130x500.jpg
    zodiac_gen_duo130x500.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 106
I don't reccommend replacing the mineral cartridge. Copper can cause unsightly stains and if you don't test the metal levels there is no way of knowing if you are even at aneffective level. Simply raising the FC level slightly is more reliable and usually less expensive.

Not a fan of the duoclear for a lot of reasons.

- Don't believe in N2 cartridges.
- The combination is just a good excuse to sell a less powerful unit for more money.
- The housing feels like a toy.
- It's awkward to plumb in.
- I once waited 13 MONTHS to replace a brand new housing under warranty that leaked from the factory.

:blah:

The only thing I like about it is that the cell looks cool and is VERY easy to remove.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.