Water features pump

firehunter

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2016
Houston
We will have a 3 ton moss rock waterfall with 5' weeping walls on each side and 3 bubblers in the sun shelf. PB is recommending a Hayward Tristar EE pump & motor, 1 ½ horse power. Is 1.5 HP the right size? The price is the same as a 1 hp. Does it need to be 2 speed or will we be able to adjust the flow someplace?

For water features, you need s large amount of flow, so that pump is likely fine. No reason for a 2 speed unless you were going to try to run at lower flow rates. You could put valves on the pipes after the pump to restrict flow to the features, just never close them all

For water features, you need s large amount of flow, so that pump is likely fine. No reason for a 2 speed unless you were going to try to run at lower flow rates. You could put valves on the pipes after the pump to restrict flow to the features, just never close them all

Thank you. I think I would probably like to be able to adjust the flow, so I will ask the PB about valves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.