Seeking advice re: touch-up paint for pool ladder

Apr 23, 2008
StL, MO
Saltwater pool, powder-coated ladder. Pool (and ladder, and everything else) was installed 9/2007. A couple of minor rust stains on pool ladder, around tread bolts and rubber bumpers. Also a corrosion problem re: the pilot screw on my SAm. No stray current, but I'm going to connect a magnesium anode to my bonding wire by the equipment pad per ChemGeek's advice. I'm hopeful this will prevent or minimize corrosion problems going forward.

But I'm perplexed about touching-up the rust stains on the ladder. I could use epoxy paint , but don't really want to spend $100/gallon. I could use plain old Rustoleum - sure, it won't last very long (rust spots are submerged) but at least it's a cheap fix I can replicate easily and quickly. Any advice?

Thanks,
Joe

The rust is most likely on top of an intact powder coated surface. You can remove the rust by holding a sock with vitamin C tablets in it against the rust for 30 seconds. If the coating is intact that is all you need to do.

Of course the screws that rusted need to be replaced, if you haven't done that already.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.