Just installed sand pump in my swamp and...nothing?

My cartridge filter cracked, and I seized the opportunity to install a sand filter, Pentair Tagelus TA60. Since my filter cracked last year and I'm just now able to redo the plumbing to fit the sand filter, I have a lovely swamp, so I'm unable to do the initial backwash of the filter.

Now, granted, it's sunset, but I had to let the cement on the new plumbing cure, but I also felt the need I had to check to see if the plumbing held tonight. So I turn on the pump, and I hear it running, but I don't see any movement from the return jets. At first I think oh, I need to prime the pump, but I open the lid, and there is water there. So I turn it back on, and I hear water but I don't really see it hitting the lid of the pump like I usually do. Still nothing from the return jets. I give up for the night. It does look like the water levels have gone down in the pool, so am I not giving this filter enough time to fill up, considering the large size difference between it and my old filter (Pentair Clean and Clear 200)? I also realize I didn't bleed the filter, is that's what is causing it? The filter is set to "filter", so I know I have that right.

Sorry to be a spaz, I look forward to the replies!

Do you have the valve plumbed correctly?

Did you or someone else turn off your return valves while it was sitting?

Is the sticker positioned properly on the multiport valve?

You shouldn't notice a big difference in time to fill the filter. Sounds like something is blocking water flow.

You should set the filter to rinse first to "clean" the sand.... let it run for a little while BUT it does sound like you need to bleed the filter if possible.

Silly question but I have to ask........are you sure you opened all of your valves?

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.