Taylor k-2006 - Problem Testing Chlorine

Update!

I finally had the chance to call Taylor Technologies about the problem I was having. I gave them the lot number for my R-0871 (Lot B1067), and they informed me they had received a few calls about this specific lot number. They are sending me a replacement bottle of reagent, and they want me to ship the old bottle back to them for further testing.

So it looks like it was just a bad bottle of reagent. Will report back when I get the new bottle in and can confirm the test is working.

Hello- I have had the same problem. I ordered my first K-2006 Test Kit from Amazon and it was shipped from Backyard Pool Superstore. The lot number was the same on the R-0871 Reagent- B1067 Exp 05/17. It must be a bad batch..

I just contacted Taylor Technologies. Hopefully they will replace.

Yep, I too ordered mine from Amazon and shipped from Backyard Pool Superstore. I'm sure they will replace it for you no problem.

I'm also having issues with the Alkalinity test. I'm getting a level of 200, when my other test kit and the pool store both say my alkalinity is 100. Let me know if you also have a problem with this test? Could just be operator error, but it's pretty straight forward...

Try wiping the R-0009 dropper with a damp cloth before each drop and see if that helps. With especially new batches the bottle sometimes holds a static charge that causes the drops to jump off the bottle too quickly and you get smaller drops and higher readings. This seems to only affect the alkalinity test. You can read up on that and some other notes about the test in the extended directions in Pool School: Pool School - Total Alkalinity

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.