Anyone know of a good quality suction side cleaner??????

Several members here like ThePoolCleaner. They are available as 2 wheel or 4 wheel - selection depends on pool depth. I believe that Hayward bought the company about a year or so ago. Hayward has come out with a "newer" model called the AquaNaut - also available in 2 or 4 wheel. The originals are still available online from various sources and usually cost a bit less than the newer models.

You may wish to do a search here to see if anyone uses one of these with a fiberglass pool such as yours.

Do you still have your MX8? If so, exactly what issues are you having with it?

More and more folks are ditching the cleaners and going to robots. Most seem to really like their robots. I haven't yet so no recommendations on brands from me.

If you still have the MX8, you can also check to see if they make different tires/treads that are possibly better suited to fiberglass. Also, search here for members who may have the MX8 and discuss any issues you have directly with them. If you can get it to work acceptably, no use spending $$$ on a new cleaner

As pooldv stated, many members love their robots. They are a bit pricier though. Have a read through some of the threads in the Pool Cleaners forum.

I tried a lot of them but they just get stuck...hoses leak..don't climb or its something......any ideas??

I went with the 2 wheel version of ThePoolCleaner several years ago and couldn't be happier. Prior to buying that, I had the Polaris 360 and spent a lot of time repairing it. For a solid 4 years, it has done a terrific job. One issue I was happy to see go away was the common problem of the cleaner getting stuck at one end. Happy to say this is a thing of the past.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.