Too Much Shock- red worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2009
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We have an INtex 16 X 42 in pool. ( it came with a home we recently purchased)
Being that I know NOTHING about pools I started to google how to maintain one and came across the Intex Saltwater generator and Filter pump. It looked much easier to maintain and less money in the long run so we purchased it. It took 10 days to arrive and I placed water in the pool on day 2- running the filter pump with no chemicals. We kept the pool covered some days- the water still looked ok but we did have some calcium on top ( scaling- I think it's called). Anyway, yesterday after hooking up the new salt water generator/filter pump and adding the 95 lbs of salt I noticed these little red/orage worms- wigglying very fast around the edge! I freaked....... I called the company we purchased the pump from and they said they have never heard of them before but that we should put three bags of shock in the pool. So, I poured two bags of Shock Plus ( aquachem brand) and one bag of shock with algecide= 3 lbs of shock! Afterwards I was reading the bag and did some calculations to figure out that I should have placed 5oz of shock in the pool! OMG!! Now what do I do and is it going to hurt my new pump if I turn on the generator? I'm lost and at the point of just taking the pool down but my kids are begging me to figure this out. I haven't a clue what he next step should be or what these worm things are. What do I do I haven't turned on the SWG yet so I have no test levels to give. If thats the next step I just want to make sure I don't ruin the SWG with all the shock. Should I remove some water first?? Thanks, Daphne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.