Replacing AG pool, how much should we save on installation?

tablpa

Jun 15, 2012
We are planning to replace an AG 21x41 Doughboy pool this spring/summer. The pool itself is 30 years old, liner was replaced about 15 years ago. At the time of liner replacement we added a deep end with a bottom drain. The steep walls of the deep end have a concrete/vermiculite type material on the walls. We will be replacing with the same size Doughboy pool with another expandable liner. As we shop, just wondering how much we should expect to save on installation. I would assume there would be minimal excavation and ground prep? The existing pool is still in place and was winterized and covered as always. Had a large slit in the liner last year that we repaired and babied thru the season, but know that the pool itself needs to be replaced instead of just a new liner. When we have decided on a dealer/installer we will follow their instructions, but will remove the existing pool ourselves, but don't want to tackle the new install. Thanks for any opinions and/or advice.

I'm sure you'll save on excavation but you're still going to pay for labor of the install. I'm unsure of how much that will be. Take pics if you can. We'd love to watch.

Call out 5 people and gets bids from them.........Ask lots of questions about how they will do the install to make it last a long time.......see who you click with the best. The main thing to ask WHO will be doing the work and how often they have done it.

Good luck and make sure to take pics like Casey said!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.