Hello West Texas!

Mar 29, 2016
Monahans/Texas
Howdy, Cloudy and rainy today, Cold snap moving through. Im so Happy I found TFP. We had our Viking Pool installed in October 2008, We do enjoy it.This past year I broke rank and file and closed the pool completely down, due to our winter travels, Didn't want to worry w/ freezing anything. I uncovered the pool, Spring is here, The water was Kermit the Frog GREEN, maybe Hulk Green....Yikes.

March the 28th,

Mon. Day I get everthing running, drop in 1lb of Shock (Sodium Dichloro-S-Triazinetrione Hydrate) w/ pump 24/7

Tue. Day 2 not a whole lot of difference, Pump 24/7. Start searching for help, found TFP.

Wed. Day 3 not a whole lot of difference, drop in 1lb of Shock, add water. Pump 24/7. Order Taylor K-2006 w/ Amazon Prime.

Thur. Day 4 Ooops forgot to turn off water, Pool full, 18" new water. Pump24/7 Flower beds Full, all is good. Water looks way better. Go to work
come home, Taylor K-2006 arrived, go out side water WAY Better, vacuum all debris and sent to "waste". Break out the Taylor.

Findings:
FC 12ppm, CC 14ppm, pH 7.4, TA 160ppm, CH 290ppm, CYA 62ppm, Sat Index 0.0-0.1

Okay TFP, Your the master, I'm the Grasshopper,

April 1,

Fri. Day 5, pump 24/7 rainy cold day.

What do I need to do NOW!!!

Thank You,

Re: Hello West Texas

Hey fellow Texan and Viking owner. Welcome! Glad you got the K-2006. Thank goodness. What to do now ..... SLAM my friend. Link is below in my sig. Read it carefully and don't skip a beat. Empty that tab feeder ASAP and do not put any more bags-o-shock in the pool. Those are driving up your CYA to a dangerous level. Use generic bleach from Wal-Mart (Great Value) or HEB (Bravo). Only Regular bleach - no scents or splashless junk. Use that bleach to maintain your FC at "24". Yep, an FC of 24 based on a CYA of 60. Do everything on that SLAM page and it will work for you. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Welcome. Make sure you are MAINTAINING the M in SLAM!

You are SO on the right track now! Test and bleach.............over and over until you see a jewel of a pool!

Take a picture a day of your steps. That will let you see the daily changes that your eyes do not see. The color will start changing to blue then it will get lighter..........it is hard to notice without the pics.

Kim

Welcome!

Right down I20 from you here just outside Midland. Glad you joined the club. :goodjob:

I missed the 2006 kit purchase, so good job on a proper kit. Doing a SLAM, you'll run low or out of FC testing reagent pretty quickly just FYI.

Also stop all sources of stabilized chlorine, no more dichlor, trichlor or CYA stabilizer you are right at the top edge of what we consider maintainable for a manually chlorinated pool, use only bleach /liquid chlorine or invest in an SWG

Yep it do, wagon ruts fairly deep in some places all the way from here to there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yr just down the road, good deal, no kidn about running out of regiment, done did, fired up the Amazon, should be here no later than Tues.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Labs name is Trevor, He was my pard, Lost him in October last year, He was 15.

50 bottles of bleach on the bench, 50 bottles of bleach 7 in, scrub it again, 43 bottles of bleach
43 bottles of bleach on the bench, 43 bottles of bleach 7 in, scrub it again, 36 bottles of bleach
36 bottles of bleach on the bench, 36 bottles of bleach 5 instead algae is dead, 31 bottles of bleach
31 bottles of bleach on the bench, 31 bottles of bleach, add 5 barley alive, 26 bottles of bleach
26 bottles of bleach on the bench, 26 bottles of bleach, add 4 algae no more, 22 bottles of bleach
22 bottles of bleach on the bench, 22 bottles of bleach, add 3 and have no fear the water is clear.
19 bottles of bleach on the bench, 19 bottles of bleach, add 3 FC’s in need, 16 bottles of bleach.
16 bottles of bleach on the bench, 16 bottles of bleach, add 2 FC’s not thru, 14 bottles of bleach.
14 bottles of bleach on the bench, 14 bottles of bleach, add 2 FC’s not thru scrub it again.
12 bottles of bleach on the bench, 12 bottles of bleach, add 1 this has been FUN.
11 bottles of bleach on the bench, 11 bottles of bleach, add 1 almost done.
10 bottles of bleach on the bench, 10 bottles of bleach:

OK team “What a Deal” Jeepers!!
Sunday Eve @ 7PM
FC 22, CC .5, pH 7.6, TA 150, CH 300,
Monday Morn @ 5:30am
FC 20, CC .5, pH7.5, TA 150, CH 250
Last results to CYA was “100”, I ran out of regiment. Backups on its way.

So do I keep up the FC @24 ???

Since you lost more than 2 ppm of FC overnight, I would continue to maintain. But two things that caught my eye on your last post:
1 - Your CYA is higher now (100) than when we last spoke on 1 Apr (60). That would require a SLAM/shock level of 39. That additional FC may help you knockout the remaining algae.
2 - When you get ready to do your next OCLT, make sure to not take the first reading until it's completely dark out. Sunday's was at 7:00PM, and unless you're in full shade, I still had sun on the water which means UV taking FC. So definitely make sure it's totally dark for both readings.

Other than that, great job taking notes. I suspect you're getting much closer now. Oh, and until you pass the SLAM, no need to waste reagents on the other tests. Save those bottles. :)

Labs name is Trevor, He was my pard, Lost him in October last year, He was 15.

50 bottles of bleach on the bench, 50 bottles of bleach 7 in, scrub it again, 43 bottles of bleach
43 bottles of bleach on the bench, 43 bottles of bleach 7 in, scrub it again, 36 bottles of bleach
36 bottles of bleach on the bench, 36 bottles of bleach 5 instead algae is dead, 31 bottles of bleach
31 bottles of bleach on the bench, 31 bottles of bleach, add 5 barley alive, 26 bottles of bleach
26 bottles of bleach on the bench, 26 bottles of bleach, add 4 algae no more, 22 bottles of bleach
22 bottles of bleach on the bench, 22 bottles of bleach, add 3 and have no fear the water is clear.
19 bottles of bleach on the bench, 19 bottles of bleach, add 3 FC’s in need, 16 bottles of bleach.
16 bottles of bleach on the bench, 16 bottles of bleach, add 2 FC’s not thru, 14 bottles of bleach.
14 bottles of bleach on the bench, 14 bottles of bleach, add 2 FC’s not thru scrub it again.
12 bottles of bleach on the bench, 12 bottles of bleach, add 1 this has been FUN.
11 bottles of bleach on the bench, 11 bottles of bleach, add 1 almost done.
10 bottles of bleach on the bench, 10 bottles of bleach:

Hey everyone can I keep him????? I like him! Made me laugh out loud! THANKS!

Sorry to hear doggy found his way to the bridge. There is nothing else like a dogs love :(

Kim

So sorry for your loss. They are just like kids. I got 3 of'em.

YOU got that right, I miss him everyday. Glad you got a chuckle, gotta make it fun!!

- - - Updated - - -

Whewwwwww!!! tough one, I look purity good in a Bikini, what color is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok,
We are There, Pool passed the OCLT, last nite / this morn. Water is AWESOME CLEAR, Replacements regiments expected today.
Whats Next?

Thank You

Finished the slam, yesterday. However the CYA is still 90?? CURRENTLY the water is CRYSTAL CLEAR, really impressive!

Reading the blogs, looks like water replacement is the next step, so is it a full replacement or can it be done couple feet at a time?

Chemistry:
FC 7.5. CC .5 pH 7.5. TA 150. CH 250 CYA 90+

Thank You

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.