Argh. I wasn't thinking clearly and tested for chlorine wrong while trying to shock with bleach. I thought my algea problem was so bad it was consuming what I was putting in so I kept putting in more.
I finally realize somethings not right and start testing correctly, only to find that I'm now at 50+ppm! This was Sunday and now 5 days later, it still does not appear to be below 50. We've had a lot of cloudy days so I'm assuming its not coming down much.
Looks like my options are 1) Keep waiting, but I need to get this right by next weekend so I have a full week to get rest of the chemicals right before a pool party, 2) drain and fill (20000 gallons, obviously not preferred!) or 3) Jack's Magic, etc, which best I can tell will cost $60 or so.
Am I missing any other options?
ETA: I have a heat pump I could turn on if that would help