Jandy Aquapure 1400

May 9, 2008
NE Florida
It's that time of year again in Fl to crank things up in the pool. My sensor on my Aquapure crapped out mid last year after less than a year and I've been just dumping pool chlorine in as needed since then. This time of year I usually switch to dumping chlorine in only because the pool is not screened in and sits under four large Live Oak trees. So from March to early May, leaves, pollen, and lastly the oak catkins fill the pool daily. The swg can't keep up. Once I get it all cleaned after the trees are done, I run the chlorine way up to break point for a few days and let it settle down, then turn the swg back on.

My question is with the sensor replacement for those that know the Jandy system. I see they have a new sensor now with only two sensors rather than three and it is supposed to have a lot less failures and not give error codes like the old ones did. Has anyone switched to this sensor and if so how is it working. I also have a variable speed pump that I run low rpms most of the day and am wondering if the new senors are any better at reading at low flow rates.

Thanks for any input you folks may have. I'm hoping the gamble pays off on the new sensor. If not, I'll not be going with Jandy again I've had way to many problems over the years. They have had problems with their sensors for way too long and cost many owners a lot of money to try to keep them working.

The new sensors are working like they should and I've seen very few failures from them.

You still might have flow issues with low speeds as the cell needs at least 30 GPM of flow. You will need to find the speed that creates enough flow for the SWG to work. There are other brands of SWG's that require only 15 GPM and that is a main reason I switched from Jandy to Hayward as I was having issues with flow on low-speed.

Thanks, I think the last time the sensor was working for me I was able to keep it happy at 1500 rpm on the pump. I'll need to decide, dump another $160 into the Jandy system that has had problems or put it towards a new brand and set up. I see Jandy has a brand new model now but they make me nervous now.

Well, I rolled the dice and bought the new style sensor, giving Jandy one last shot before changing systems. I also have an extra cell that was used a few seasons so I was hoping that the new sensor resurrects my system. That played a roll in the decision process. If it works out I should be set for a few years if the new style sensor lives up to the reviews and nothing else craps out.

So far it's once again up and running. I've been surprised that it seems to be happy with flow even running my 3hp Intelliflo at 1200 rpm I'm sure the flow at that rpm is lower than the specs of 30gpm min flow rate listed for the sensor.

When running at 1200 rpm the water coming out of the return tests at around 12ppm chlorine while at 2500 rpm it tests at 7 ppm. I've tested both cells and they read the same for Cl production at those rpm settings. Does that sound reasonable for the 1400 cell. Time will tell I guess as I see if it will hold Cl levels for the pool.

I'm hoping I've made a good decision in an attempt to be frugal (cheap) and trying a new sensor before buying a new system. Every time something needs replacing, I wonder if I should just junk it and go new. If I didn't do the work myself it would be a no brainer.

I will keep the forum posted on the longevity of the new style sensor so that any others with the aquapure 1400 with the same problems can have some perspective.

I replaced my sensor with the new model with the little box on the cord about six months ago. Worked fine for a while, now getting no flow when I turn on my solar. With solar on, my flow meter says 45gpm. It works ok when solar is off at 55 gpm. I cleaned it, no difference. Ideas? New sensor again? This is irritating.

well, I posted a response to this yesterday but apparently hit the wrong button. The new one I put in was giving me an error code the other day at 1200 rpm when it had worked fine for a few weeks at that rpm. It went away when I boosted it to 2500 rpm for cleaning. This time of year my pool is mess from pollen and oak catkins, so I suspect that the flow rate has slowed as the filters have clogged some. For now I'll boost it to 1500 and see if that keeps it happy until I have time to tear down the filter and clean the four cartridges. If you have a cartridge filter, maybe it good cleaning will solve the problem. I'm hoping that the new sensor hasn't crapped out already. I'll be wishing I invested in a new system instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.