Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I am going to put a check valve in between my heat pump and the SWG. Is it best to get a valve that is clear (see thru)? Does anyone have experience with a particular valve? Looking at the Hayward SP14461S .. although not see thru, I think it is serviceable. Any recommendations?

Thanks

First question, why do you want to add a check valve there? There is no reason to.

If you want one anyway, make sure you get the flapper type, like the Jandy Neverlube or similar.

I think that only makes sense if you had a chlorinator for trichlor tablets which can result in highly acidic water that could back up into the heater when the pump is off.

But .... you don't have that, you have a SWG. And if wired correctly, it can not produce chlorine when the pump is not running, so there is no way for the chlorine to back up into the heater. Plus, the SWG actually raises the pH in the water, so that is not damaging anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.