Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
My cc is less than .5, close to zero. Cya about 25 (trying to get it up). Pool is greenish, but I think it's tree pollen (solar cover covered with green powdery dust). Is there a way to tell if it's pollen or algae? Since cya is low won't take much to slam, but don't want to if I don't have to. Is the overnight fc drop a better judge of algae than cc? Dang oak trees!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

With all the junk falling down from oaks and such in our areas this time of year, make sure you have good water surface movement and a skimmer sock in the skimmer to grab "floaties" before they have a chance to get sucked into the filter. Might help a bit.

Thanks, 5.0 tonight. I was thinking you needed to test while slamming. Yeah, lots of floating "particles". Pool-skim with a fine 5 gallon paint strainer works well. My 4wd also picks up all the stuff on the bottom. Water is fairly clean, just greenish after brushing. Running filter on low all night. Gets 4 hrs on high during day.

Edit: 4.5 this morning, no spam! Time to buy more cya. Was under 20 now about 20-25 after my last 3# added a week ago. Is adding pucks cheaper than adding powder? Either isn't cheap. Well, just bought two 4# of Clorox stabilizer at Amazon, cheap, free 2 day shipping.

Edit2: Water is clear after 2 days of running pump 24/7. Backwash once to get flow back to normal. Must have been green pollen and not algae. The Clorox stabilizer arrived, very nice. Dissolves quickly, nice plastic jug.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.