Help with finding a cleaning cap

tpm

Sep 6, 2008
NY
Hello
I would like a cell cleaning cap for my Salt generator. It is made by Aqua Comfort Technologies. If anyone can point me to a website I would greatly appreciate it. Aqua comforts website does not sell parts directly I believe.
Thanks

K Thanks, I'll give it a try. I guess this is something I'll need to do like once a year or so? This is my first full season with the salt generator. We got the pool up and going last July and was very happy we did the salt. Set it and forget it!

Gotta say "NO" to once a year. the acid will eat the coating on the blades of the cell. Check the cell for scale deposit a couple of times each summer and use the acid if you have deposits that won't wash off with a garden hose.

These things aren't cheap and I want you to get the most life out of your unit 8)

Thanks for the info. It is possible I just need to add salt. I just opened the pool. I have an L shaped 18 by 40 with a another 8' coming off to make the L (by the steps). 3.5 at the low end and 8' at the deep end.
We had a company come and vacuum it using their pump because of the amount of sand in it from the construction of the patio. For some reason they backwashed and added DE to the pool. I saw them adding it straight into the skimmer without mixing it in a bucket. After they left I went to start the pump but it was very caked with DE. I tried getting it going by just using the recirculate position but couldn't get a prime. On filter it worked but blew DE back into the pool. You want something done right you have to do it yourself! They never should have touched our equipment as I just got it setup 3 days prior.
One question I have is how much would be the norm as far as adding salt each season? I will be picking up a salt test kit tomorrow
Thanks again for the help

Tom, I'm here for you and everyone else that has a question I feel qualified to answer 8) It actually helps me unwind to answer questions here after working on pools all day :shock: :?

Have you read my 'Use and care for DE filters article? (here)

If they had their own mobile vacuum rig, they certainly SHOULD NOT have been 'playing' with your system :evil: nor had any reason to add DE!

Despite their shortcomings with what they've already screwed up, I hope you get to enjoy the pool soon 8) :-D

Once the salt is in and at a stable level, you'd only need to add more if you had to 'waste' :p or backwash often - draining and refilling the pool is the only way to lower the salinity.

You didn't mention it, but I'll tell you anyway :) -- if you ever do need to add more salt, you'll also need to add stabilizer - salt and stabilizer (cya) won't leave the pool by evaporation, so if one of them gets low, it's VERY likely that you'll also have to add the other :thumleft:

waste said:
Gotta say "NO" to once a year. the acid will eat the coating on the blades of the cell.

That coating is acid resistant so it won't be eaten away. Unless you will leave the cell in acid for a few months.

But i agree with you that it should be inspected/cleaned more often, depending on the level of scale buildup.

Strannik, how's everything 'down under'?

Always a pleasure to share a post with you and I think we're on the 'same page' here :) I was trying to say that if there's no visible build up of calcium deposits, there's no need to break out the acid 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Waste

I read the DE post, very informative. My filter holds 7.5lbs of DE so I'll be backwashing and adding the 80% back into it tomorrow. Once I figure what 80% of 7.5 lbs is :). Or 80% of 15 coffee cans........ I'll take that I'll be adding 12 coffee cans in when backwashing. Piece of cake

Thanks again

I did a test of my salt water. It says to add about 6-7 40lb bags of salt. This will hopefully solve my problem of a low 65% salt reading on my AquaComfort generator. I'll do that before taking the cell apart

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.