Start up duties after new plaster and fill.

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
Just planning out the month. How much daily attention is needed after plaster and filling? We are on vacation for a week later this month and I have to travel out of state for work another week during the month, not sure if being gone for a week after it's filled is a good idea? Isn't daily brushing, etc required? What's the process?

thanks!

Hmmmm :scratch:

I'm not sure if stonescape is the finish where they wet grind the surface to polish it. I don't think you'd need to do a lot of brushing after the fill if it is. Which isn't terribly helpful, but it will give this post a :bump: so maybe someone who knows will see it.

Most pebble type finishes are acid washed the day after it is installed and then filled. My PB said that no brushing was required at all during my start up. Managing your PH to keep it between 7.5 and 7.8 is probably most important and second is to maintain your FC above minimum for your CYA so you don't get algae and need to SLAM in the first month.

Some PBs also cover the first week or two of start up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.