Vacuuming pool

Aug 17, 2015
CRESTVIEW, FL
Hi, I hope this is posted in the correct area. I have an Intex 15' X 4' above ground pool with a SF20110 sand filter. I also have a skimmer basket attached to the pool. While filtering the water I have excellent suction but when I attempt to vacuum the pool I lose all suction. What am I doing wrong or what can I do to fix the problem?

10592970_10206794706409711_3526226479872447712_n.jpg

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Is it possible that the hose you are using is full of air? We usually fill the vacuum hose full of water before attempting to vacuum with it to ensure the pump doesn't lose its "prime". Me personally, I hold the hose underwater at a return jet to fill it up before connecting the other end to the skimmer. Can you confirm that for us please? Nice to have you join us. :)

Thank you for the welcome and that tip. I usually just try to hold the hose (which is naturally buoyant) underwater to fill it with water. However, I have to take the skimmer end out of water to connect it to the skimmer. It definitely loses it's prime and nothing that I do makes it regain it short of removing the hose. I am glad to be a part of group!

That hose definitely needs to have as little air as possible. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.