Please help me (or put me out of my misery!)

Mar 21, 2016
carriere, MS
I am pretty new to pool care and having a nightmare of a time. The solution to each problem I deal with leads to a new problem. So here are the steps I have taken and the results:

-replaced the liner
-pool looked great
-had water tested at pool store
-readings were so far off of the charts I
-Got a new pool store
-shocked pool
-water turned deep green
-used a demetalizer
-water improved tremendously, but deep
End still green(ish)
-advised to change sand in filter
-changed sand
-not much noticeable difference in water
Color
-PSI reading is zero
-advised to take pump apart, clean out basket,
Clean out impellar
-did all of that and reassembled the
The pump

*SO HERE IS MY PROBLEM. THE PUMP NOW TRIPS THE CIRCUIT BREAKER AS SOON AS THE PUMP IS TURNED ON! The impellers are not froze up. Please help me get this thing going. It seems like I have put in so much time, effort, and money into this pool and I am failing.

P.S. It's a a Hayward pump.

J. Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JS, no doubt we need to see if we can help you get the pump running again. So most importantly, can you tell us the model number of that Hayward? We have folks here who may be able to help you crack the code on that one.

As for the chemistry ....... I'd recommend to not step foot in another pool store again unless it's to buy acid out of convenience or a toy. No more testing or products. As you may have seen, pool store testing is notorious for being wrong and inconsistent. Order yourself either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit (TF-100 link below). That's the BEST way to ensure accurate testing. You'll thank us later.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

We'll watch for any more info you can give us on the pump and try to help get you back on track.

NO WAY!!!!!! unreal the bad luck................Now know I really do not know but here is where I would start..........take your pump back apart and see if anything is loose or broken. There HAS to be a reason it is tripping the breaker.........my guess is it is shorting out somewhere so you have to find it.

Let us know what you find.

Kim

Safe to assume the pump was running on that circuit at some point in the past? This may seem silly but assume you have correct voltages, etc? Also, is the breaker properly rated for your pump?

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Safe to assume the pump was running on that circuit at some point in the past? This may seem silly but assume you have correct voltages, etc? Also, is the breaker properly rated for your pump?

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

All good points for sure! Go back to the basics and see what you find!

Kim (good job tlevy)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.