Cleaner recommendation

Wasben

Mar 30, 2016
Katy, TX
I may be due for a new pool cleaner and wonder what the options are. I have a Polaris 360 (pressure side) which is 10+ years old. I bought it then to replace a Jandy Ray Vac that was here when I moved in 15 years ago.

I have a single pump, but it is a two speed and the cleaner really only works when the pump is on high. I did a complete overhaul of the Polaris a couple of years ago, Now the Polaris is kind of sluggish and works sort of intermittently. I plan to take it apart to see if there is anything blocking the water flow, but I want to know what my replacement options are if It comes down to that.

So what are the best options for a single pump, pressure side pool cleaner and why.

Welcome to TFP!

Do you have a budget in mind?

A robot that doesn't depend on the pump at all has a lot going for it.

Thanks, John, but I had a Dolphin for awhile and it didn't do a great job. I spent more time cleaning the cleaner bag than the cleaner did cleaning the pool. It lasted one season and then didn't work when I tried the next spring, so I'm leaning towards another pressure side cleaner.

Howdy Wasben,

I am VERY happy with my Dolphin M500. There is no bag to mess with and the filter cartridges that pop out of the top are very easy to get to and clean. I would definitely buy this model again.

Oh yeah, and it cleans really good too. ;)

I love my Dolphin Nautilus too. I'm not sure I could ever use a pressure side cleaner with the big hose, having to run the pump, etc. I can run my Dolphin on the bottom and sides while my pump skims the top. I think it cleans good too, and like Chris said it's easy to clean the cartridges

Every time I fix an item on my Pentair Legend II I would have something else pop up that required attention shortly after....I limped to the end of last season with it but have decided that this year will be the time to go robotic...I will be picking up my M400 this weekend

I give a huge plus to "the pool cleaner" mine is a suction side so I am not sure of the pressure side... Mine has been running the second year, has cleaned my pool and my friends marsh with no issues :)

Howdy Wasben,

I am VERY happy with my Dolphin M500. There is no bag to mess with and the filter cartridges that pop out of the top are very easy to get to and clean. I would definitely buy this model again.

Oh yeah, and it cleans really good too. ;)

Chris.. tell me about this M500 you have, I've been looking at it and a couple others. How well does it do steps and such? I have steps and a "toe ledge" all the way round my pool, need something that will climb over them. Does it have hard or soft tracks?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.