Add salt light flashing after adding salt

Mar 29, 2016
South Carolina
Hi, new comer here. I have a salt pool 10 yrs old with an autopilot pool pilot soft touch system. The add salt light started flashing towards the end of winter. When I check the salt on the system it reads 300ppm. I added 2 bags of salt and still had a 300ppm reading. I took a sample to my pool store and had it tested and it read 1800ppm. I bought the 4 recommended bags of salt and have added them to my pool. I am still getting a 300ppm reading on the system itself, after adding 6 bags of salt. I replaced the salt cell last season when no chlorine was being produced. It did nothing when I replaced it for the chlorine at first, and then stared working later. So I am thinkin the cell wasn't the issue, something else may have been going out. I don't know if it may be the tri sensor or what. I took the tri sensor off and looked at it and didn't see anything out of the way, but I am not sure what to be looking for. Also when adjusting my output settings the output never flashes to signal sanitizer or purification mode. I am guessing the system not reading any salt causes this. If anyone has any ideas, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Generally, you want the SWG to be turned off for 24 hours after adding salt. This prevents damage to some SWG systems if the salt levels spike.

So is the SWG working now or not? What are all your other chemical levels?

You should be maintaining the chlorine levels with bleach while you are sorting out the SWG.

I highly recommend you invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and add the Taylor salt test.

Not sure where you are in SC, but if you are in the upstate/mountains, your water could still be too cold for the SWG to generate or give an accurate salt reading. usually the tipping point is 60-70 degree water temp.

I wait until the water is 70 to switch from bleach back to SWG. Just to be on the safe side. I had WAY too much salt in my pool once from not waiting!

Hopefully we will get some warmer temps the next few days and bring the water temp up. When I tested the water today, the salt was at 3000ppm, however the system light is still flashing. The diagnostic test reads 200ppm so it's down some from the 300ppm the other day. I will keep a check on it until we get some warmer weather. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.