Electric shock in pool

We bought a house with an inground pool that has a vinyl liner and no drain in the pool. We are sometimes getting small shocks, usually when touching the concrete when getting out of the pool.

We have done a bit of trouble-shooting and our electrician and the local energy company both think the pool was not grounded.

Is there anything we can do?

Thank you!

I'm unsure of what actually needs done to fix the situation but I urge you to not allow anyone in the pool until it's fixed.

Most inground pools will have a metal form/skin around the vertical walls behind the liner. These walls must be bonded together as well as any metal stairs, pumps, lights, fences, etc within 5 feet of pool. Get an experienced pool installer involved.

Doubt that was the same thing, but proper bonding MIGHT have helped/stopped the issue, though that's not what bonding is really for. At least thats my read on what happened; I think there was a much larger electrical issue with that pool than bonding.

I would like to add this:

PLEASE make sure everyone in every family knows how to throw the breaker for the pool for just in case of many problems. Have them do it so they know what it takes to push it all the way over.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.