Replace Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 SWG

I have an old (10 year) Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control system. I have repaired the SWG section of the main circuit board three times and I am starting to have trouble again, the current to the T-15 starts off at 6 amps and over time 50 min the current will drop to approx 3 amps. The T-15 cell is a little over 2 years old and very clean. The board and or components are either a bad design or bad implementation or both and I am getting tired of fixing it. The rest of the control system has worked fine for the 10 years. So I am going to replace the SWG system with either a Hayward Aquarite AQR-15 or a Pentair IC40 and controller and continue to use the AQL for the motor and misc controls. The AQR-15 is much easier to install but I am concerned if the AQR-15 controller has the same board problems as my old AQL-PS-8. If so I would then go with the Pentair SWG and controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.