Stain removal, Amazing.

Alwayswantedapool

Platinum Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
York SC
I had a few brown spots on my fiberglass steps and swim out. Tried a puck, nothing happened. Got some vitamin c, put a few in a piece of an old white t shirt, whacked them with a hammer a few times and then just rubbed on the stains. The stains came up almost instantly. Was simply amazing how easy it was to get them up.
I think I will just wait and see what happens, if they come back I am thinking no big deal to just do the spot treatment every now and then. I am thinking a full asboric acid treatment would be over kill for these few spots. Any opinions?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Now have to work on the bath tub ring around the steps and swimout. The rings are above the water line, assuming the previous owners didn't keep the pool drained like they should. Trying a 50/50 water and bleach solution to start.

It could just be that a few grains of a fertilizer with iron fell into the pool. I know that in my previous pool, I had to be careful when fertilizing the grass near the pool.

No go on the vitamin c on the ring, it might have lightened it a little but very slight. Any other ideas? I did try magic erasers on it last year but that didn't work either. I think part of the problem it is very finely textured, so hard to get in those tiny crevices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.