Any experiences with Intex brand solar covers?

I got a full summer's use out of mine last year with no apparent damage. It's in the pool right now under my cover, so I haven't seen yet how it held up over the winter. But I don't expect it to have disintegrated. I'll let you know once I open it back up in a few weeks.

pooldv - For some reason I didn't see your post until just now. I already went ahead and ordered the Intex from Amazon. Should be here today so I will report what I think about it and keep up with this as the season progresses.

Good deal. I've got my 8mil clear cover sitting in a box waiting for me to cut it and put it on the pool. Also waiting for trees to stop dropping lots-o-stuff into the pool. We can compare notes later.

I got my cover and installed it. My pool has an odd shape so I had intended on trimming the cover to match. The cover seems well constructed and even has an edging sewn around the outside edge. Because of that I have decided not to trim it. I had tried turning the 'corners' under but apparently that didn't work because the gnomes are now holding the corners down. Have to ask the wife about that when I talk to her later today.

I was surprised with the quality so far. It was much thicker then I had expected for the price. Didn't feel at all like a tarp.

Will update as the season progresses.

Pictures are on the way...image.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.