Hayward Automation and Laminars

Idyllic

Gold Supporter
May 10, 2014
Neenah, WI
Our pool build will be starting in a couple of months (after the electric company moves my power line, trees are removed, and current deck is disassembled), and I look forward to starting a construction thread to cover all of that. We have decided on a fiberglass pool with SWG, cartridge filter, VS pump, and gas heater. My wife and kids are in love with the look of Pentair's Magicstream laminars. That being said, my PB can give me a much better price on Hayward products (which is fine, I am not biased in any way to a particular brand).

Because of the savings in equipment cost I am looking at also adding the Hayward Omnilogic system to the build and wonder if it would be compatible with a laminar from a different brand. Activation (on/off, pump control, and valve actions) could surely be incorporated, but what about the lights in them? I have read some strong opinions on the Intellibrite controller and would rather incorporate the light functions into the automation system. Anyone have experience doing so? Is it even possible or is there another brand of Laminar that could work? Maybe there's something I am missing. Thanks all.

Mike in WI

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

The Omnilogic has basic electrical relays to control anything you want and can move valves as well. If the lighting for the laminars require some kind of special control (like for changing colors), then the Hayward may not be able to fully control it.

Some things are no problem mixing and matching, but others you are better off sticking with the same brand. The Hayward automation will work well with the Hayward VS and SWG systems, but would not control other brands for that. Any automation will control any 2-speed pump or heater though.

BTW, I would highly suggest you look at a Raypak heater over the Hayward heaters ... search the forum for more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.