Favorite Pool Toys for Grownups?

Mar 5, 2016
Central CT
I have to say buying a house with a pool in October is very unsatisfying. I"m jonseing to jump in, but I still have at least a month and a half before I'll be able to jump in. For now I'm occupying myself with online window shopping. Pool will primarily be used by me, my extended family, and close friends who all qualify as 12 year olds in the bodies of adults. I have a giant swan inflatable (christmas sale) and a couple of inflatable chair things that the prior owners left. I'll probably add a stash of noodles once they start showing up in stores. What favorites do people have?

These Spring Float Recliner | SwimWays
and these for taller people Spring Float Recliner XL | SwimWays
I am 6'0" and the XL fits me, but probably would be too big if I were much shorter. I bought mine from Amazon, I have 5 or 6 of them, I think 2 are the XL variety some are 4 or 5 years old and still floating, although there are weak points where the fabric tends give out after just one season. They are great for in the pool movie nights and are complete with cup holders.

Ike

p.s. for movie nights one of these Outdoor Entertainment Gear Backyard Big Screen and a projector make a great combo, Mine is the original OS-120 which is very well built, but they now have larger cheaper models, and if I had it to go over again I would probably consider a 144 inch screen, of course my pool is indoors so there are some size restrictions that go with having a ceiling

Beer! Just kidding. Not really. My second favorite is a really nice pair of swim goggles. I use them more than anything. Second for me is a really comfortable lounger. As for the nieces and nephews, squirt guns, dive toys, badminton, and volleyball. Enjoy your swim season and welcome to the forum.

+1 on the swimways recliners. Best floaties EVER! My next favorite thing is 32oz plastic cups filled with adult beverages! :cheers: We also have teenagers and there are balls for the pool kinda like hackee sacks that are pretty good for playing catch or beaning people. Dive torpedoes are always a hit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had to set up a new amazon shopping list for myself. Looks like the springfloats are pretty popular all around. I do have some torpedoes. I bought one last year on clearance, and I found one in the garden when I was cleaning up leaves in the fall. The screen and projector is probably my favorite suggestion if I can find some room in the budget.

I had forgotten to think about plastic plates and cups. My parents always have a box of plastic dinnerware for their patio, I'm not sure why that one slipped my mind.

following because it's a great question. We are putting in a pool (my first) in May. I can't wait. I am also obsessively on-line window shopping for toys. BUT, I have to control myself because I have two trouble-making dogs who I think would destroy anything inflatable. So I think I need to limit myself to foam floats, etc. and even those are precariously at-risk. I also need to hit up Homegoods for patio decor. This is probably my husband's worst nightmare (me, with something new to decorate).

Oh and I can't wait to buy plastic margarita glasses.

With dogs around treat all pool toys as you do your shoes. Put them up or inside something the dogs cannot get to. When (notice I did not say if) they get to something you forgot to put up go put your self in a corner for forgetting LOL.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.