Working pool and household projects

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
Am I the only one that feels like they are spending too much time working on pool, garden and house projects to actually use the pool? Today's project is re-wall paper the pool house bathroom (the old wall paper was shot, delaminating, but it was also 30+ years old), the new stuff is some cheap clearance wallpaper I bought at Lowes a couple of years ago for another project (office break room) that never happened, it is a light parchment style paper with faded postal marks and faded handwriting on it, would not be my first choice, but hey it was on hand and color pallet goes with the medium dark wood on the walls below the chair rail. Overall I think it will do a good job at hiding the imperfections in the drywall prep work and primer. Yesterday was building a garden trellis out of T posts and 5x8 cattle panels for the 4 trailing thornless blackberries I planted last week. (5 8 ft long panels and 5 T posts), this is in addition to the 26 other erect growing thronless blackberries I planted in early Feb, as well as 2 peach trees, 2 new blueberry bunches, and 5 citrus trees (3 new Satsuma's, a Myers Lemon, and a Cara Cara Orange). Next will be installing the new kitchen sink, and having the kitchen floor refinished, hiring a professional for the floor as it is a tricky sun dried mexican tile.

Ike

I will join you here!

-Cleared the area by the road of 15 YEARS of brush/trees/vines by myself. Husband cut 6 trees my clippers could not cut. Mind you this is about a football field long area! (we live on 6.5 acres).

-Removed barbwire from the old fence on said front of the property. 5 strands deep.

Still to do-put up new fence. 3 rail wood fence. It will NOT be painted LOL

Kim (so who in their right mind thinks having 6.5 acres is a good idea?? Oh wait that was me LOL)

Right there with ya'll. My list is waaayyy, waaayyy long. Only 5 acres and 4 donkeys! 350 acres is nice!

-Installed new wood stove over winter, need to mortar brick veneer, install molding and done
-Installed new geothermal heat pump in Feb, need break in check up and done
-Built outdoor bath with toilet, shower and sink last summer, need to open it and make sure everything is still good
-Built 16x32 screen porch fall/winter, need to screen, install screen doors, install chimney for wood stove, install electric, lights and ceiling fans and trim work and done
-Renovating master bath, shower moved and installed and glass ordered, new Pex lines and drains are installed, lighting installed, insulation, vanity ready to go, ordering bamboo flooring tomorrow, sheetrocking tomorrow, getting close
-new kitchen sink and faucet waiting for me
-new vanity for hall bath waiting for me to retile floor and shower
-Hayward heat pump and solar cover waiting for me
-planted some flowers this weekend

On list
build veggie garden and greenhouse
build potting shed
get some chickens and build a chicken hut
cut down a couple of dead trees for firewood
new roof

I clean the pool in my spare time! :mrgreen:

Most cleared, about 40 acres are wooded with a creek going through the middle, the rest has cattle on it (family land), and we have a ranch manager that is a few years younger than I am that has worked on it off and on since he was 13 years old, I guess he is in his 40's now, he also has a shift work day job that gives him several days off in a row, I mostly stay away from the cattle management side of things, but the yard area around the main house (well only house now) is about 5.5 acres, and that alone is a handful to keep up, this year I have mainly been working on planting new fruit trees as we had lost several over the last few years to freezes, and just age.

Yes, when you own property and a big house, it actually owns you. Probably the major reason we stayed in a modest sized house. Still.... it keeps us busy. We just put a new roof on and now we need to paint the exterior trim. Kids have moved out and it's time to give new assignments to their old bedrooms. Looking like it will be an office, which means moving the entire computer set up and then making the other room a guest room. First thing will be painting because I let my daughter paint her room hot pink when she was in high school. Oh, regrets.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.