are there any pressure cleaners that don't use booster pump?

Mar 30, 2008
Delaware
i have a 6 year old jandy rayvac pressure side cleaner that is worn out. it doesn't require a booster pump.

i can't find any other companies/varieties on the market that don't require a booster pump. does anyone know of any brands? i'm not interested in buying another jandy rayvac. :grrrr:

it's not that i hate the booster pump idea, but i wouldn't know how to instal it, electrically speaking.

thanks in advance

budster said:
mas985 said:
ThePoolCleaner also runs without a booster.

http://www.thepoolcleaner.com/

I'm partial to both the Polaris models mentioned, but I also have heard good things about the Poolvernugen, noted above.

My 'Poolvergnugen' does alright, but it doesn't like the shallow end at all... it gets there (eventually) and then hits the wall, lays down on its side and gose in circles until it finally reaches the slope to the deep end and then it rights itself..

... of-course, I have a kidney shaped pool with curved walls in the shallow end and I think that is what defeats it.

dbishop0011 said:
budster said:
mas985 said:
ThePoolCleaner also runs without a booster.

http://www.thepoolcleaner.com/

I'm partial to both the Polaris models mentioned, but I also have heard good things about the Poolvernugen, noted above.

My 'Poolvergnugen' does alright, but it doesn't like the shallow end at all... it gets there (eventually) and then hits the wall, lays down on its side and gose in circles until it finally reaches the slope to the deep end and then it rights itself..

... of-course, I have a kidney shaped pool with curved walls in the shallow end and I think that is what defeats it.

thanks for the info on the poolvergneugen. i was about to buy one today online. now i'm not sure b/c my biggest pet peeve is when the cleaner doesn't get into the shallow end.

i should probably rephrase my question to: are there any good pressure cleaners (without booster pump) that get the shallow and deep end equally clean?

I have thepoolcleaner 2x suction and mine gets to the shallow end just fine but it probably spends a bit more time in the deep end. The deep end has a lot more surface area than the shallow end so the cleaner should spend more time there. A lot depends on the shape of the pool and how you set up the cleaner. The adjustment of the float has an effect on not only how high it gets on the walls but also how much time it spends on the floor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a 4-wheel pressure-side Pool Cleaner and it gets to the shallow end, but it does sometimes get hung up at the edge of a ramp in the pool, though usually backs out from it when it goes into reverse. Overall, I'm happy with it, but my pool doesn't get exceptionally dirty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.