Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: are there any pressure cleaners that don't use booster pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

are there any pressure cleaners that don't use booster pump?

i have a 6 year old jandy rayvac pressure side cleaner that is worn out. it doesn't require a booster pump.

i can't find any other companies/varieties on the market that don't require a booster pump. does anyone know of any brands? i'm not interested in buying another jandy rayvac.

it's not that i hate the booster pump idea, but i wouldn't know how to instal it, electrically speaking.

thanks in advance
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Noctiss

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: are there any pressure cleaners that don't use booster pump?

Polaris 165 is what my neighbor has, and he likes it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

The Polaris 360 can also run without a booster pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

ThePoolCleaner also runs without a booster.

http://www.thepoolcleaner.com/
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by mas985

I'm partial to both the Polaris models mentioned, but I also have heard good things about the Poolvernugen, noted above.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

6. Back To Top    #6

Let's not forget the Letro Legend II. It's also boosterless!

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

what about a robot - theres the dolphin cleaners and another model easily available and both get good reviews

neither need a boost and clean better than most

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by budster

I'm partial to both the Polaris models mentioned, but I also have heard good things about the Poolvernugen, noted above.

My 'Poolvergnugen' does alright, but it doesn't like the shallow end at all... it gets there (eventually) and then hits the wall, lays down on its side and gose in circles until it finally reaches the slope to the deep end and then it rights itself..

... of-course, I have a kidney shaped pool with curved walls in the shallow end and I think that is what defeats it.
    20K gal, vinyl, 1 1/2 HP pump, 24" sand filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by dbishop0011
    Quote Originally Posted by budster

My 'Poolvergnugen' does alright, but it doesn't like the shallow end at all... it gets there (eventually) and then hits the wall, lays down on its side and gose in circles until it finally reaches the slope to the deep end and then it rights itself..

... of-course, I have a kidney shaped pool with curved walls in the shallow end and I think that is what defeats it.
    thanks for the info on the poolvergneugen. i was about to buy one today online. now i'm not sure b/c my biggest pet peeve is when the cleaner doesn't get into the shallow end.

i should probably rephrase my question to: are there any good pressure cleaners (without booster pump) that get the shallow and deep end equally clean?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Noctiss

10. Back To Top    #10

I have thepoolcleaner 2x suction and mine gets to the shallow end just fine but it probably spends a bit more time in the deep end. The deep end has a lot more surface area than the shallow end so the cleaner should spend more time there. A lot depends on the shape of the pool and how you set up the cleaner. The adjustment of the float has an effect on not only how high it gets on the walls but also how much time it spends on the floor.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

11. Back To Top    #11

how much do these poolcleaner.com models run in price? I can't find the price anywhere.
    -inBamaNow

16x32 Hydra Liner, Hayward 24" Pro Sand Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, Hayward CL200, AquaChem Test Kit =[

12. Back To Top    #12

Try here.
    Mark

13. Back To Top    #13

I have a 4-wheel pressure-side Pool Cleaner and it gets to the shallow end, but it does sometimes get hung up at the edge of a ramp in the pool, though usually backs out from it when it goes into reverse. Overall, I'm happy with it, but my pool doesn't get exceptionally dirty.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"