Fitting/re-plumb question w/pics

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
Buckeye, AZ 85326
He all its been a long time since I've stopped by. I made a mistake this weekend but I think with some plumbing help I can get it repaired and back to normal with out to much trouble. The weather is warming here and we are starting to swim. I was using the water spigot that connects to my pool plumbing to spray off my decking and knock the dust off the patio furniture. When doing so I closed the valve to my return to get max pressure to the spigot and water hose. Well I got done cleaning, turned off the spigot but forgot to open the return valve. The pump ran for several hours like this and the water spigot either worked itself loose or was forced out of the PVC. I caught it before to much water was lost and any real damage was done. I tried screwing the spigot back on but it leaked then I bought a 3/4 inch PVC plug. It made it a bit better but it still leaked. So I think the threads in the plumbing fitting have been damaged. What do you all think is the best way to replace the fitting that the spigot threads into. I'm handy enough to do this without issue but I cant wrap my head around where to cut or to just replace the entire run?

Attachments

• 20160327_194757_resized.jpg
    20160327_194757_resized.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20160327_194719_resized.jpg
    20160327_194719_resized.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 47
If you can't salvage the spigot fitting at the "T", then I would think cutting just below the "T", trying to save that remaining PVC exiting the pump outlet if possible. Then simply re-plumb back to the filter. You might even be able to do it without having to run that horizontal length so high. If you find the remaining vertical PVC run (currently with the "T") too short to work with, then consider re-locating the spigot fitting on the horizontal run instead? If installed on the horizontal run, you might consider unions in case you ever have to repair/replace the spigot in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.