Sent wrong pool liner? ? Help

Mar 27, 2016
Jackson sc
Ordered a new above ground pool. 27 round 54 inch wall. The problem I'm having is the liner bottom seam will not make it to the cove ( foam cove ) so in return the liner is not long enough for the wall.. Called the seller they said the liner would work but clearly on the box it reads 48 52.. claim it works on 54 inch wall also.. help I'm stuck. . All wrinkles are out of the bottom also. .

Hi, welcome to TFP! I have a few questions for you. Is this an overlap liner or does it have a j-hook or bead that fits in a channel on the top edge of the pool? Have you started filling the pool with water? What was the approximate temperature when you started hanging the liner? Could you post some pictures of the problem?

Temperature was 70 degrees. .a little cloudy. . Liner is a overlap. . I live in lower state south Carolina. . Yes I did start filling the pool got about 6 inches that is when I noticed the wall trying to buckle. So I stopped with the water..

I have 54 pool and the liner box said 48-52. My wife pulled the liner about 2" over the top of the wall while I put the plastic strips on and temporarily tapped the top rails over that, working our way around. Then the liner stretched as we filled it (we also have about 1 foot deep end in the center).

Talked with gli liner manufacturer they told me it would fit but it needs to be professional installation. That there would be very little overlap. Gonna wait for it to heat up a little more. Than try again. . As for the pool bottom there is no sand it is a extruded polystyrene board.alot nicer bottom than sand in my opinion. .what would be the rule of thumb on liner stretch. . What %

ahhh, that is the same way I installed mine, LOVE IT :)

liner stretch I have no idea about, sorry... I do know the hotter it is the more it will stretch..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would leave it off til it gets to the bottom of skimmer n then put it on. You should have all your major adjustments done by then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.