running filter without overspill from spa.

chris4150

LifeTime Supporter
I was wondering how I can filter my pool and return the water through my pool returns without returning water through the spa thus creating overflow into the pool. What I am wanting to test is if by reducing the spa overflow into the pool (aeration) I can keep my PH from rising. It seems that I am constantly having to lower my PH and Im wondering if the continued overflow during pump run times is causing the constant rise. I test my water daily via TF-100 in order to maintain higher FC due to pool stains :grrrr: My patience with my stains is wearing thin because they are migrating. Let me know what yall think.

If you could by-pass the spa it would help keep the pH down due to aeration. How to do that? I've no clue because I don't have an awesome pool like yours but I'm disapointed to hear those ^#$* stains are migrating. :rant:

Someone should be able to help you Chris. Just hang out for awhile. Let's keep your stain issue in your other thread...

ETA: It's early Dear Chris. :mrgreen: Are you keeping the chlorine on the higher end because if you are, high pH should be ignored. Chlorine has a tendancy to make the pH high when chlorine is on the high end. Your question is still a good one and someone will be able to help you, it just occured to me to tell ya high chlorine levels make pH run on the high side til cl disapates and then it comes down.

I know your pool is new and if I'm stearing you wrong, our guru's will set us all straight! :whip: :twisted:

Can you post a pic of your equipment? There should be a valve on the return side that differentiates the pool/spa plumbing. Some are set up so there's always a little bit going to the spa, others you can turn off. We'd have to see your equipment to know.

If you post a full set of water test results we can probably tell you how to adjust your numbers so that the PH doesn't drift as much.

If you don't run the spa spillover the water in the spa can go bad.

Here are pics of my equipment.

A few questions I have in regards to my equip.

1. what is the solar recirculation system line.
2. how do I know what the off and on is for the valve. It just says off but in what position is it effecting one thing or the other.
3. how do I direct all suction to the deep end.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 107
The "solar" label implies you have some kind of solar collector. If you don't it might simply be mis-labeled.

Which ever pipe the OFF tab is pointing at is blocked and the remaining pipes are connected together. If you want all three pipes connected together you point the OFF tab at the side that doesn't have a pipe.

Point the OFF tabs at the shallow end and at the spa drain and all the suction will go to the deep end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.