SLAM question

Jun 17, 2015
Houston, Tx
TFP saved me last summer as I was about at my wits end with the pool stores. With tons of help from this forum I did my first SLAM last summer and kept on with the program through the rest of the year with little issues.

I left my pool go thorough the winter, but now want to get it ready for the pool season. Although I wasn't nearly out of whack as much as I was last year I am doing a SLAM.

My CH, TA, and pH are all with in range. My CYA is 30, so my target shock FC is 12. I've been slamming for a few days and my water has looked great for a couple. My FC dropped pretty fast for the first couple of days. My FC has now stabilized. It has been between 13 and 14 for almost 24 hours without having to add any bleach. My issue is that my CC for the past 24 hours has stayed between 1 and 1.5. It seems weird that my FC isn't dropping even though I still have CC.

Is this an issue? Should I do anything different, or just keep on slamming until that CC drops to 0? Just be patient???

you are doing everything great :) You can kick it up to 14 but keeping it there is the key, the CC will come down over the next couple days.. it will not hurt anything to keep it at 14 and should not require much chlorine to be added...

Once the CC is at 0, and that could be today, just depends, and you pass all 3 tests you are good to let it drift back down to normal :)

In addition, we've had some weird weather locally. Just a couple hours away from you, we've had lots of cloudy skies. So the more cloud cover you have, I suspect the slower those CCs will oxidize from the sun. You sound to be on the right track though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.