Jacuzzi Spa 355 temp sensors tripping breaker

ewsb

May 26, 2007
Northern VA
Pool Size
Within about 5 to 20 secs of turning on the breaker the unit trips the breaker.

I removed each pump and sensor 1 at a time and have isolated it to the temperature sensors. With the sensors disconnected all other equipment operates.

Any guidance on what to do or replace the sensors? I can see the position of one of the sensors with ease but the second seems to go through conduit back in the tub so I am not sure where it goes?

Where can you buy these sensors from and is the easiest thing to replace them? (if I can get to the second one?)

Many thanks

Sean

Yes thanks - that is exactly right.

And the problem is solved. It appeared to be water that had got into the heater. Once the unit dried out, everything was perfect and back into operation.

My supposition was that with the hi-limit switch disconnected the heater and thus is did not work. When the heater was not working, the master switch did not trip (and all the other pumps worked) As soon as the heater operated, it tripped the master.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.