Filling up Intex pool

Jan 21, 2014
Bartlesville, OK
Hi everyone
I'm filling up my 26 ft round above ground Intex ultra frame pool for the first time. I started filling with hose yesterday around noonish. It's now near 8 in the morning. It still is about a third filled or maybe even less. It's not leaking. I walked around it all yesterday checking, plus I went under the line before I started to add the water to check for holes. Is this normal for such a big pool to take so long?
Thanks
Mike

ohhh yes, I used 2 hoses and it took almost 24 hours... it also depends on you pressure and volume, I have about 50 to 70 PSI and a 2 inch supply coming to my house... with a 1.5 inch supply, 20 to 30 PSI and 1 hose may take 2 or 3 days :)

Grab another hose and it will go faster but remember your filling over 16000 gallons

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Like others have said, it takes a long time to fill. It's close to 15000 gallons and the hose can only do so much.

Just a heads up tho, something to check out, you may be able to contact your water company and complete an affidavit so you won't have to pay sewer charges on the pool water. It runs about $90 in water to fill my pool (26' same as you). Sewage would have cost me an additional $135 if I had not submitted the affidavit. You give beginning and ending meter readings on the affidavit. Here, the water company gave me the numbers over the phone.

Thanks for the advice Angie! I already called, no such luck :-(
Anyways, it's an inch from being filled. I shut the water off this morning so we could do laundry and run dish washer. Started it up again tonight at 6 and about an inch left to fill. So it took about 2.5 days to fill. It dropped to below freezing last night so water is still only in the 50's. My daughter still wanted to go swimming tonight. She went up to her knees on the stairs and went in the house. Thanks for all the comments
Mike

I remember opening my pool one April and my daughter harrassed me endlessly to go swimming, I finally got sick of her pestering me n told her to get in. She did not last but a quick minute! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.