New to group

robbig

Mar 26, 2016
Waco, Tx.
18,000 gal plaster
Built November 2011

Hello. I am new to the group and would like to know if anyone has any advice before attempting to paint the pool. It is beginning to look very rough. Any suggestions on type of paint and special steps I should take other than the common steps spelled out if you do a google search? Thank you.

Welcome to TFP!

I don't know a lot about painting pools. From what I have seen here it doesn't last more than a couple of years. If you can swing it it would be a lot better to replaster. There have been several threads in the last couple of years with people painting their pools.

If you want you can add your pool info to your signature so everyone knows your pool info. More here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

Hi, welcome to TFP! In general the advice would be not to paint the pool. Since the pool is only a couple of years old the plaster should still have plenty of life left in it. When you say it is looking rough, do you mean the finish looks mottled, or has rough areas on the plaster? If you could post some pictures of the problems and a complete set of test results we may be able to help you fix your plaster issues without painting or re-plastering the pool. For test results we would especially need the calcium hardness, total alkalinity, and pH.

Welcome. Do not paint the pool. It will not last as long as you wish.