Jandy Nicheless LED lights

I feel that nicheless LEDS are the direction all pool lights are headed and regret not installing more of these lights in my pool. The traditional style lights just look old fashioned.

Installation is very straightforward, what are you looking for help with?

Thanks for the pic. That kind of gives me an idea on placement to get the maximum coverage with what I've purchased. I wasn't looking for the flood light effect. If it will just offer some type of ambient light to give the water a glow at night I'll be satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel that this is the direction all pool lights are headed and regret not installing more of these lights in my pool. The traditional style lights just look old fashioned.

Installation is very straightforward, what are you looking for help with?

I just finished a 150K square foot commercial remodel on 4 floors. We did all LED lighting everywhere: 2x2 and 2x4's in the ceiling, accent lights, down lights - everything. There is not a light bulb in the place, everything is a diode hooked up to a wireless control system and every light in the place is dimmed to 60% output. Its amazing not only for the energy savings - but the lack of flicker and the color rendering is fantastic.

OP: for reference, my pool is only 12x30 and I did 3 Jandy 20w in the pool and one in the 6x6 spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was speaking more of the nicheless LEDs as opposed to the conventional LED pool lights. There is no reason to install any light that isn't an LED other than the initial expense. Those troffers you mentioned can get very expensive.

I have those lights and love them.....I have 3 along one side of the pool and 1 in the spa. I just replaced the non nicheless Jandy WaterColor LED's because they kept breaking. Jandy replaced all of mine with these under warranty. I would definitely get 3. If there isn't enough light you will regret it!

My only advice is to make sure the lights are along the wall that face away from the house/main sitting area....

I opened the box to check mine out:
IMG_1732_zpsslp9josa.jpg

IMG_1730_zps0alclfvg.jpg

Here is the color card:
IMG_1731_zpsttd2ddtg.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Lykly my understanding is they hook to a 12v transformer and can be activated by a simple switch or even something like iaqualink system. The no need for bonding/grounding was a sell for me. I didn't want to fool with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.