cloudy water after killing alge

Apr 30, 2009
just took the cover off and the water had a good amount of green alge. i put in alge killer and shocked the water. i also put the floater in with the chlorine tabs. the water turned a cloudy white color. the filter is new. the other levels are ok. at night with the pool light on there are small white particles in the water. do i just keep running the filter or is there a quicker way? i did put some clarifier in it. a friend told me to put the vacuume in the middle of the pool and keep filter running til its clear.

Welcome to TFP!

Read through the Pool School in the upper right, and you will find everything you need to know. For anybody to answer you, we need a full set of test results. FC and CYA at a minimum, and preferably CC and CH too. Trying to clear a pool without that is just guessing in the dark.

HI and welcome :wave:

This time of year we get flooded with similar questions like yours... :) and Pool School was developed for folks in your situation. You can also read other threads in the Swimming Pool Care forum that will give you answers, suggestions and hints as to why your pool is looking the way it does.

I will tell you that one of the advantages of BBB is you don't need algaecide, clarifier or any other fancy Pool Store chemical to clear your pool and keep it that way.

So we'd be glad to help, but as John pointed out, we need test results. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.