Aqua milk

Mar 23, 2016
Pensacola, FL
I have been slamming my pool for 4+ days but it never gets past a milky aqua color. I can only see about 12 inches down. Doesn't seem to be any debris. Of course in FL I'm getting pretty good rains to complicate the issue. The vinyl walls feel like sandpaper with what I assume is calcium buildup. Any suggestions?

I did not lower the pH as I started before I received my Test Kit (new to Forum and was listening to pool store). Just tested:
FC: 31
CC:1.5
pH: 7.8
CYA: 37
CH: 150
TA: 150
Salt:4000 PPM

Pump running continuously. Brushing. Tested FC before bed last night(33 FC).

If possible, could you post some pics? Hopefuly you have been talking them all along, but if not, please take some now and post them. Especially of an area like steps or of something going into the pool like a pole.

I believe you are doing better than you think. Your FC is a little too high. I would let it drift down to somewhere around 20 ppm or a bit less......you'll save on some chlorine and be almost as effective.

Now, how did your FC get so high? Are you dosing according to PoolMath. Let us know.

We'll tweak your other numbers a bit later.

Disregard the rain.....it has virtually no affect on your pool. As advised, address the calcium later.

It is mandatory that you keep your FC up around 20 ppm with frequent additions.

Are you bvrushing and vacuuming?

Is it clearer today than yesterday?

Can we see some pics?

Thought I was following PoolMath but obviously being a newbie I made a mistake somewhere but I'm not sure where. I'm not seeing a visible improvement (seems like it has been about the same for 3 days or so) but that may be due the variety of cloudy and sunny days. I don't have an autovac and I cannot see the bottom to vac. Doesn't seem to be hardly any debris or gunk when I net. I'll post some pics when the rain dies down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't know what "splashless" bleach is. Been using liquid chlorine. Foaming has disappeared since this am. Seems to do it in the morning then clear. FC was at 23 this am. Slight drop at noon (.5). Thanks for all the feedback! I want to believe I am making progress but just doesn't look like it right now....being patient.

Question: Shouldn't my filter pressure be rising with all the work it is doing? I rarely backwash it. The sand is less than a year old. Is it possible that my filter is channeling?

Don't know what "splashless" bleach is. Been using liquid chlorine. Foaming has disappeared since this am. Seems to do it in the morning then clear. FC was at 23 this am. Slight drop at noon (.5). Thanks for all the feedback! I want to believe I am making progress but just doesn't look like it right now....being patient.

Question: Shouldn't my filter pressure be rising with all the work it is doing? I rarely backwash it. The sand is less than a year old. Is it possible that my filter is channeling?

Kim, I dont think anyone has mentioned adding DE....

If you think it may be channeled you could do a deep clean on your sand filter.. it has me perplexed on why it would be foaming, your numbers dont look to high, your PH is a little high and your TA is up there.. with muriatic acid you can take both down...

hmmmmm, I wish I knew the answer...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.