Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pop up water valve has pinhole spray leaks

1. Back To Top    #1

pop up water valve has pinhole spray leaks

Been working on the pool getting ready for the hot weather here in Phoenix and my father told me that the water valve for the pop up system is leaking. Came by and noticed not 1 but 2 leaks spraying out of small pinholes. We just got this thing fixed last year cause of some ball issue. This pool is not even a year old yet. The valve is not under warranty since our pool company Riviera pools az (diamondback pool) went under and have to pay for all repairs. We discovered through some research that Riviera Pools AZ used Polaris for the pop up systems. Seems that Riviera pools custimized the system enough not to be warranty by Polaris. For some reason, Its very hard to find this particular part online. My questions is, can this be fixed without taking out another loan ? Do you have any idea where I can get this part ? PLEASE HELP. I noticed some of you here are in the industry. My main goal is to avoid calling a pool company to rip me off even more.
    Pool size 10,000 AG
    Pebble Tec
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Build in 2008
    Waterfall, pop ups

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pop up water valve has pinhole spray leaks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley
    ...the water valve for the pop up system is leaking. Came by and noticed not 1 but 2 leaks spraying out of small pinholes...
    Those don't look like pin-hole leaks but stress fractures from the joint . Is there any vibration, side-side or up/down, going into that joint?

Can you post a complete picture of your pump/filter configuration? That will help ID the problem and resolution.
    Terry in NC
    Triad Region of NC
    18x37 Vinyl IG (24,000 gal.), BBB & GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 SWG, Hayward 1 HP Superpump / Hayward Sand Filter / Polaris 280 cleaner / 6 deck jets / Sheer Descent Waterfall (in coping) / Brick Red Concrete Coping / Stamped Concrete Deck
    Lots of oak trees, maple trees, *and* leaves!

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe a pool epoxy putty/plumbers epoxy putty can get you through until you can find a replacement part?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Maybe a pool epoxy putty/plumbers epoxy putty can get you through until you can find a replacement part?
    Darn, FPM, you are good! 8)
    Triad Region of NC
    18x37 Vinyl IG (24,000 gal.), BBB & GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 SWG, Hayward 1 HP Superpump / Hayward Sand Filter / Polaris 280 cleaner / 6 deck jets / Sheer Descent Waterfall (in coping) / Brick Red Concrete Coping / Stamped Concrete Deck
    Lots of oak trees, maple trees, *and* leaves!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy_dba
    Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Darn, FPM, you are good! 8)
    shucks....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I don't know these folks, so proceed with caution, but they have Caretaker parts: http://www.poolsinc.com/pd_clean.html.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for all the replies. We had to put some PVC glue to stop the leak for now and its working. I'll have to buy the pool part ASAP, thanks for the link.
    Pool size 10,000 AG
    Pebble Tec
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Build in 2008
    Waterfall, pop ups