Need advice on valve replacement in close quarters

Jkuter

Mar 25, 2016
Massachusetts
I have a handy valve with a crazy K on the bottom. It's 2" on one side and then connects to a 1.5 on the other where there is T and another valve. The connections are right up against each other a d I am looking for options that doesn't involve me replacing the entire stack.

I bought this house two years ago with the pool and have read every last page of this forum learning about it. I just updated my signature but I am in the process of switching out all the equipment since it was put in with the pool in 02 and is starting to fail. I have attached the two pictures of the plumbing issue I originally posted about.
2016-03-25 18.59.35.jpg2016-03-25 18.59.23.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like it has already been replumbed once. Jandy valves have a 1-1/2" inside and 2" outside or 2" inside and 2-1/2" outside diameter. So that you can cut the pipe flush to the valve end and use the side that hasn't been used before. Usually they are plumbed on the inside first time and outside second time. You could do that with the valve on the right in the bottom pic. But, the valve on the left is using the outside diameter now.

Looks like the typical pool builder "compact" pad they are always so proud of where you almost always have to cut out everything to fix a single problem. I wish pool builders and new pool owners would stop thinking, smaller is better for plumbing layout.

It looks like it has already been replumbed once. Jandy valves have a 1-1/2" inside and 2" outside or 2" inside and 2-1/2" outside diameter. So that you can cut the pipe flush to the valve end and use the side that hasn't been used before. Usually they are plumbed on the inside first time and outside second time. You could do that with the valve on the right in the bottom pic. But, the valve on the left is using the outside diameter now.

Ahh I get it now, take the whole section out past the T, that makes a lot of sense, I'll go for the and replace the valve and 90 on the other side. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.